y este en el body:

Generative artificial intelligence (GAI) has burst into the business world with significant impact, revolutionising both customer and employee care by bringing a major evolution to conversational AI, which was being done until 2023, and the release of LLMs (Large Language Models).

This phenomenon is characterised by the ability of computer systems to hold completely natural conversations with users, either through text or voice, leveraging natural language processing (NLP) techniques to understand and respond to queries in a manner analogous to human interaction.


Transforming customer service

In the field of customer service, conversational AI plays a central role. Its attributes are summarised as follows:

  • Understanding human language: Conversational AI systems are able to understand the meaning, intent and context behind the words and phrases used by users. This is achieved through natural language processing (NLP).
  • Versatility of channels: AI-enabled virtual assistants support a wide range of customer communication channels, including text, voice and other media. They also have the ability to switch between these channels within the same conversation for a complete omnichannel experience.
  • Speed and flexibility: Today’s demand for customer service means instant response, no waiting times, and total flexibility in the choice of channels and languages of service. Many support / ticketing tools (ITSM, …) already incorporate solutions to suggest the response message, analysing internal and/or external sources of knowledge.
  • Recognition of identity and state of mind: Virtual assistants are expected to be able to recognise the identity of the customer and, at a more advanced level, to capture the customer’s emotion, feeling or mood during the interaction.


Hybrid Assistants: A Growing Focus

The hybrid assistant approach, which combines conversational AI with human intervention, is gaining traction in customer care. The goal is to achieve an 80-20 split in query resolution, where 80% of interactions are resolved automatically through conversational AI, while the remaining 20% require the involvement of a human agent.


Agent Experience Optimisation (AX)

From the agent’s perspective, conversational AI is empowering customer service professionals in a number of ways:

  • Personalisation: Intelligent virtual assistants take over repetitive and routine tasks, allowing agents to focus on delivering a more personalised and timely service.
  • Monitoring and collaboration: AI monitors conversations between customer and agent, identifying customer intentions and feelings, sales opportunities and frustration. Agents collaborate with the assistant to improve the quality of interactions and solve problems.
  • Access to Validated Procedures: The assistant analyses the customer’s intention and accesses company-validated procedures to resolve or launch required processes, ensuring efficient service.


Impact on Employee Experience (EX)

Conversational AI is not only limited to external customer service, it also reaches internal customers, and its application extends to the workplace with substantial benefits:

  • Improves productivity AI optimises employee productivity by automating repetitive tasks and assisting with complex queries, workflow coordination and other areas of work.
  • Organisational alignment:AI contributes to the alignment of organisational culture and business objectives, as well as improving customer satisfaction and the overall experience.
  • Reduced staff turnover: The implementation of AI in the workplace reduces the rate of turnover and labour friction, encouraging a more attractive working environment.


Future outlook (Conclusions)

Conversational AI is already a strong trend in business and its growth is expected to continue. It will increasingly be used to support employees in a variety of tasks, from customer service to work management and coordination. The benefits are substantial and go beyond financial gains, such as improved productivity, customer satisfaction and employee experience.

In conclusion, the conversational AI revolution is transforming customer service and the work environment, enabling more natural interactions between computer systems and humans. This trend is establishing itself as a valuable tool in the modern enterprise, with the potential to redefine the way we work and serve our customers.



  • Antonio José Hernández Fernández (Head of Data & Analytics LoB)
  • Santiago Ortiz Barroso (Head of Emerging Solutions LoB)